Mrs. Campbell's 7th Grade ELA Syllabus 2020- 2021
Welcome! I believe that strong reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills are essential in developing responsible and self-motivated learners. This semester we will explore personal identity through an individual’s culture, time, place, geography, interaction, influences, and lived experiences. We come to seek knowledge and show evidence of our findings.
My mission is to foster and nurture curiosity, creativity, compassion, and empathy by providing a challenging curriculum and learning environment that encourages critical thinking through diverse and relevant content.
Long Walk to Water, Linda Sue Park
Unit 1: How do culture, time, and place influence the development of identity?
Unit 2: Theme: How do individuals survive in challenging environments?
Unit 3: Brings students back to a deep exploration of character and point of view
1. Be on Time
2. Be Prepared-
camera is on (face-centered)
Find a quiet spot-check your surroundings
headphones (if needed)
3. Mute Yourself- when teachers or peers are talking
4. Participate- Be Focused
5. Raise your hand to speak and/or use the chatbox. – LOUD and PROUD!
6. Respect- Be Kind, Be Considerate- We agree to disagree
1. Homework is turned in on time.
2. Develop the habit of reading for enjoyment by participating in the Book Club.
3. Speak and write in complete sentences/thoughts.
4. Read and comprehend a range of complex text and using the “Quote Sandwich” when citing evidence.
5. Communicate ideas effectively in writing by using MLA formatting.
6. Expand vocabulary.
Tests, Essays, Projects: 80%
90%-100% = A 70%-79% = C
80%-89% = B 60%-69% = D
Please have a parent/guardian read this syllabus. Parents and students should sign in the appropriate place below.